Thursday, February 5, 2009

How The Kids Came Along

My name is Danielle and I am a mother of 3 very precious children. My son Nicholas who is 5 today was born on February 5th at 10:50 am weighing an astounding 9lbs 10 oz 21.5 inches long. He was delivered by c-section due to breeched position. It took my husband and I 3 years to conceive him. We had 2 failed IUI's and the 3rd one took. It was a long battle with infertility but we finally got pregnant.

When Nicholas was 2.5 we decided we would try to have another baby on our own. We said we would try for 6 months before seeking treatments again. Well it must of been a full moon that night because we conceived the twins the first night trying with no assistance at all and twins dont even run in our family from what we know. Who cares how they were conceived but so glad they were.

The twins Sophia & Isabella were born 6 weeks early at 34 weeks 1 day due to lack of fluid on baby "A" which was Sophia. Prior to them being born I was hospitalized off and on during my pregnacy for pre-eclampsia. I had a lot of protein in my urine and blood pressure was high. Considering being born prematurely Sophia was born weighing 5.6 lbs and Isabella was 5.2 lbs. They were on oxygen for the first 2 days and feeding tubes. On day 3 these tubes were removed and they stood in the Nicu for a little over a week. Sophia came home first on day 8 and Isabella stood an extra night due to not maintaing her oxygen levels in her car seat test.

No comments: