Monday, February 23, 2009

My Night Out with the Girls





It was so good to get out with some old friends and see everyone again. On Saturday my sister Nicole and I jumped in her car and heading to Slate in NYC. We met up with Stephanie, Felicia, Jennifer and Cindy as well as some other friends from New Utrecht High School class of 1990. The bar/pool hall was very nice and so were the drinks. Had some wine as well as 3 shots I think with friends. Not sure what the shots were but they were good. Something about a Lemon Drop and a Washington. The 3rd shot I think was some sort of concoction (spell is bad I know) that Stephanie made up. Don't really know what was in but who cares it went down and did not even have to chase it.
We left the Slate about 1:30 am ish and headed back to New Jersey. On the way home Nicole kept saying how hungry she was. We were hoping that IHOP was opened but it was not. So we did go to the Saddle Brook diner and it was a happening place at the time. We ordered the usual after a night out and drinking. Yep you got it, scrambled eggs, home fries, toast, bacon and sausage. Speaking of sausage I went to slice of piece off of one on the other dish and the freaking fat sausage flew across the room. I was so embarrassed and we laughed so hard including the lady at the next booth across from us. She witnessed the whole thing. All I said was it was a slippery little sucker!

We then left there and went back to my mom's house for some much needed rest. Woke up the next morning at 7:30. It was so nice not to have to get up with the kids the next morning. Felt like I was on vacation. I actually laid on the couch and watched TV in peace. I kept yelling out to my mom that I was never going home. But I did go home about 10:30 am and I picked that time because I knew the girls would be going down for their nap about then.

Can't wait to do it again!

No comments: